The Residence Programme is ideal for individuals and families who are interested in taking up a residence in Malta.
- The programme is available to EU nationals, as well as nationals of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland.
- To qualify for this Residence Programme, an applicant must also hold a qualifying property which the individual occupies as his principal place of residence worldwide, either by purchasing or renting:
- In the case of purchasing a property, the minimum value must be of at least €220,000 for properties situated in Gozo or the South of Malta, or a minimum of €275,000 for properties situated in the rest of Malta;
- If the applicant opts to rent a property, this must be of a minimum rent of €8,750 per annum for properties situated in Gozo or the South of Malta and a minimum rent of €9,600 per annum for properties situated in the rest of Malta.
Applicant needs to prove that he/she is in receipt of stable and regular resources that are sufficient to maintain himself and his dependants without recourse to the social assistance system in Malta.
Applicant needs to be in possession of health insurance which covers himself and his dependants in respect of all risks across the whole of the EU.
Applicant must be in possession of valid travel documents, for both himself and his dependents.
Applicant must also be able to communicate adequately in Maltese or English and must be a fit and proper person.
- Applicant may not spend more than 183 days in a calendar year in any other jurisdiction.
The tax benefit will consist mainly of the right to pay tax at a flat rate of 15% on all foreign source income which is remitted to Malta. Any other income (such as local source income) is subject to a flat rate of 35% tax.
A minimum annual tax liability of €15,000 covering the main applicant and dependents included on the same application applies.
Beneficiary would also be able to benefit from double taxation relief.
A non-refundable administrative fee of €6,000 is applicable except where the qualifying owned property is situated in the South of Malta, in which case the administrative fee is reduced to €5,500.
For more detailed information email us.